Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Still obsessing . . .

Yes I'm still obsessing! I am obsessing about dog breeds and dog names. I said before that the dog I picture in my head for me is a German Shepherd, but there are some other breeds that I love. Here are the top ten breeds I'm interested in owning. They will be in no particular order, because I don't feel like it.

1. Australian Shepherd
2. Golden Retriever
3. Shiba Inu
4. German Shepherd
5. Labrador Retriever
6. Siberian Husky
7. Border Collie
8. Weimaraner
9. Great Dane
10. Dalmatian

And now, dog names. I sincerely believe that dog names should not be overcomplicated or people names. Why? Well, I have a true story to illustrate this for you. So I was at a party with friends a while back, and one friend (we will call her LaToya for confidentiality purposes) had brought her new boyfriend (who shall be called Billy). When LaToya introduced Sancho to us, another friend simply said "I used to have a dog named Billy." Awkwardness ensued, and that is why I don't agree with giving dogs people names, especially names like "Jennifer" and "George". Anyway, here is my list of top ten names for my non-existent dog.

1. Sherlock (technically its a people name, but it doesn't count because its a very famous literary reference)
2. Merlin (see above)
3. Dodger
4. Dusty
5. Zero
6. Strider
7. Loki

Ok so there's only 7, so what? Those are the only names I really like. Thoughts? I may just do a poll on this, but I'm not sure . . . anyway, now I try to sleep. Try being the key word there, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment