Friday, June 12, 2009

Scary and intimidating . . .

Being the responsible and awesome person that I am, I want to get my non-existent dog from either a. a shelter or b. a reputable breeder.

However! Option b is proving to be a daunting task. First of all, I don't recommend searching for breeders on the internet. It is difficult to find the legit ones, and even when you do, they're usually located in like, Tibet. Ok so not really Tibet, but you know, REALLY far away from me. There is also the fact that most of these people only breed show-quality or field-quality dogs. There's nothing wrong with that, mind you, but it makes finding a responsible breeder that only breeds companion dogs kind of difficult. It also makes finding something I might be able to afford really difficult. They are also scary. Scary and intimidating. Some of these people make me feel like they would put Cesar Millan on a waiting list for a puppy, and then proceed to not give him the puppy.Seriously, this world of dog breeding seems so exclusive. It feels like a club they're not gonna let me join. It also doesn't help that like 95% of them have hideous websites that are impossible to navigate. Do you think if I offered to redesign them they would give me a chance? Maybe a discount? A recommendation letter?

Anyway, if anyone can help me find some good breeders in the area, leave a comment! I will love you forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment